Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ticketmaster-Assigned to Hall of Shame!

Ticketmaster is certainly deserving to be in the "Hall of Shame". While I don't buy many "event" tickets anyway every time I try to use Ticketmaster, I get disgusted and usually find another way to purchase tickets. (If I can't, I usually just don't buy the tickets.)

First, is the rip-off cost. Ok, just don't use them, even though they are a monopoly. Fair enough.

Second is that they simply don't offer good seats. I recently got tickets to two events and in each case, time after time, I declined the seats offered and was offered the same seats! Fortunately I was able to call directly to the ticket office and purchase better seats without all of the high fees. (I also advised them of my problems with Ticketmaster.)

Third, I recently found out why I can't get good tickets through Ticketmaster. They sell the good ones on "premium" sites such as Stubhub at "premium" prices.

It is hard to get really angry on a wonderful Saturday morning in my back patio. I do feel sorry for all of the people who get ripped off by Ticketmaster and I will continue to avoid using Ticketmaster whenever possible. Fortunately, it's not hard for me to just avoid Ticketmaster, but it still makes me angry as such a blatant ripoff.

Well, I'm done with that. On to enjoying my Saturday morning!

No comments: