Sunday, March 15, 2009

Invisibility Cloak

I read with amazement that the "Invisibility Cloak" of fiction is actually possible and has even had a "demonstration model" made.

Perhaps I shouldn't have been surprised, any more than I am that it will be 40 years since the moon landing, the advance of computer technology, nanotechnology etc.

I don't know what good or mischief will come out of this, but I'm sure it will be some of each. Perhaps teleporting will be next and the worlds energy problem will be solved, along with multiple problems created by teleporting.

I just couldn't help but comment on the story. To my surprise, the scientific proposal that an invisibility cloak was possible was in 1999 and the first "demonstration" model was in 2006. Three years later I first read about it! Where have I been for the past three years that I missed something like this?

I both like and dislike the Wall Street Journal. However, as in other advancements, an article in the Wall Street Journal was the first article I read about the Indivisibility Cloak.

I have been debating whether to renew the Wall Street Journal. I've decided I will.

No comments: