Sunday, January 25, 2009

Books

An application I really like on Facebook and Linkedin is the "library" where I can indicate books I want to read, books I am reading and books I read. It is fun, although time limits me to just my current reading.

Christmas, 1989, a friend gave me abook entitled "A Book of the Days for the Literary Year". Just for fun, I starting listing on the appropriate day, any books I finished that day and the year I finished it.

This Christmas will be the 20th year and I have faithfully kept track of every book I completed. (I didn't include books I only partailly completed). I may have missed recording several, but I don't recall ever missing one and I know it isn't many.

I started thinking about getting another book to record my books (20 years is a lot of books and some of the sections are getting full!). I probably well yet, but I decided to put my list on the computer for ease of retrival etc.

I recently found out about "Google" and so I am putting the list I kept on "Google Documents". I decided to go ahead and make them public. http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pP82UfX4tSM2rCwylgDO5MQ is the link and you can check this at any time and review the books I have read! (Isn't technology amazing!)

I set it up so the spreadsheet will automatically update as I finish books. So far, I am only up to June and show approximately 340 books. I update a short amunt at a time, since it is easier to update it a little at the time.



No comments: