Sunday, August 03, 2008

August thoughts

We really enjoyed the Courter Reunion in Topeka. It was good to see everyone and, as an added bonus, we got to see Holton, the Solder Cemetary and other places I remember from many years ago! The visiting was the best and we are already looking forward to next year

The trip up and back was relatively non-eventful, which was nice! We went through Oklahoma City to pick up/drop off Angela, Kali and Katherine. They really enjoyed the swimming pool and visitng with everyone.

I am enjoying the hot summer (Aliene probably isn't enjoying it quite as much!). I do most of my exercise in the early morning now, but I do miss my bike rides in the heat. The morning temperatures are usually in the range of 81 to 86. It actually seems cool in the morning on my bike ride if the temperature is under 76 degrees. In that case, I normally wear a long sleeve shirt or jersey.

We enjoy our bird feeder. A racoon also started enjoying eating out of the bird feeder so we have to take it in at dark and put it out in the morning! Last week, on two occasions, deer came right up to our back yard.

I

No comments: