Sunday, August 17, 2008

August in Tennessee

The weather is getting cooler, as the Summer of 2008 wanes. This morning it was 70 degrees and it was actually cool. I really notice the difference when I ride my bike in the morning. I'll need to get some more bike wear before this winter to keep riding through the winter!

One of the biggest problems in Winter, both for bike riding and walking, is the amount of time it takes to put on and take off the cold weather clothing! It may sound minor, but it adds up during "hyper time", which is the time between when I get up and when I leave for work.

Although I get up arund 3 a.m. to 3:30 a.m., and don't go to work until 8:00 a.m., I walk 30-45 minutes, read the paper, ride 30-35 minutes, eat breakfast, shower etc, take a nap, review and respond to e-mail/write e-mail etc., so the time goes fast!

I hate to see the Summer end. I love Summer and hot weather. While I like the August-November time, it also means the dreaded Winter is arriving (even in Lakeland, which has a wonderful climate, the Winter seems to last forever).

In spite of my exercise, I am still having a problem losing weight.l I guess the simple answer is I still eat too much!

We still enjoy watching the bird feeder. There is a wide variety of birds, red birds, yellow birds, bright blue birds etc. We really enjoy it. We have learned to bring in the feeder at night to stop the racoons from coming in and feeding!

We have been learning a lot about our Mac computers at the "Apple store". I wish PC's had a similar program.

No comments: