Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Biking in the morning

I recently decided to start riding my bicycle every morning so I could ride it on a regular basis.  Due to evening meetings etc., I have a difficult time riding my bike during the week.  (I actually enjoy the heat, so it doesn't bother me.)

I walk first thing in the morning, so I changed my schedule to walk, then read the paper, then ride my bicycle and then eat etc.  

Thus far, I am really enjoying my early morning bike ride.  The main thing I noticed is that even in a temperature in the 70's, it is still cool to ride a bike in the morning!  This morning it was 69 degrees and I almost froze, even with a long sleeve t-shirt and a long sleeve jersey!  

Of course, this reduces my precious "early morning" time, but thus far it is well worth it.  Morning seems to be "hypertime" when time moves much faster than the rest of the day!

No comments: