Sunday, June 04, 2006

Summer 2006 (part 1)

I am enjoying my new bike, even though I don't have a "high gear". I thought I wasn't working the new shifter correctly, but I finally took it back to the dealer and they advised there was something wrong, they just need time to check it out.

They told me to go ahead and keep it over the weekend (the weather was wonderful until rain hit this afternoon), and they will work on it next week.

We have a bike rack which is easy to use, so I have the chance to ride throughout the city. It took a while to find a bike rack that a non-mechanical person like me could use.

Hopefully I'll get the kinks worked out on the bike so I can get to seriously riding it! I've been trying out some of the trails in Lakeland etc. that were just constructed, which is fun.

I joined "TagWorld.com", so may start blogging on that site. (My screen name is "blipntime".) I will give plenty of notice if I move. Also, my .Mac account has a nice blog, when (this sounds familiar!) I get time to figure it out.

We are really enjoying our new house. I have been reading outside a lot (we look out at trees) and enjoying the antics of the squirrels at times. I am surprised that any squirrels survive, as dangerous as they live! They jump on a limb, which goes way down, and then get thrown up to a higher limb. (I really feel old, talking about watching squirrels!)

Work has really been busy. The budget is basically approved, so that is a big relief!

No comments: