Wednesday, June 21, 2006

June 21-The longest Day, Baby Tornado, CMA Fest

In a way, June 21, the “longest day of the year” is the happiest day, but also the saddest day. It is the “longest day”, which I love, but it also means that the days will only get shorter and winter will follow!

I always decide I just need to “enjoy the day”, but there is always that nagging feeling that the days are getting shorter and winter is coming!

I am enjoying my new bicycle, after some problems with the gears were fixed. I thought at first it was just my unfamiliarity with the new shifting system, but there actually was a defect in it. The weather has been cooperative.

Saturday, June 17, I was sitting outside (our house has kind of a “protected” area of the patio and then an open area) watching the rain, when a high wind came through. Only the next day did I learn that I had sat outside and watched an F1 (a baby) tornado come through! The electricity went off for awhile, but I thought it was only high winds. There wasn’t any damage in my neighborhood, but 28 houses received minor damage in a nearby neighborhood.

Aliene is in OKC and has been since last week. (She missed the baby tornado!) Her daughter-in-law had an operation and Friday and her daughter had one Monday, so she had quite a week! (Both are doing fine.)

Aliene and I went to the CMA Music Festival (Country Music) in Nashville June 6-11 and really enjoyed ourselves. (We celebrated our 9th Wedding Anniversary in Springfield, Tennessee, where we stayed. It is a small town about 20 miles from Nashville.) I was going to write a full report on it, but, as happens, I wanted to block out enough time to write a report and haven’t done anything! I will write a full report, but briefly, we really enjoyed ourselves.

We saw a lot of the Country Music stars and especially enjoyed the autograph and exhibit sessions. I’ll write a full report (sometime!).

No comments: