Friday, January 04, 2019

2019 Winter January 4 Friday

#Purple_Days_and_Golden_Nights
#Journey_of_19
#Winter_of_19

32 degrees this morning, freezing rain, snow on ground, no walk.  90% humidity.  
Unable to walk even inside yesterday and today due to freezing rain and snow.  Just not worth the chance of falling, sliding off the road etc.

Yesterday started with freezing rain, than moving on back to snow and then freezing rain.   Still, not as bad as it could have been.  

For some reason, my newspaper delivery had become a problem.  Obviously yesterday was one thing, but ever since New Year Day I have had to call about not getting a newspaper.  Makes it easier to cancel them.  

As I have discussed before,  the major metropolitan newspaper has turned into basically an advertising paper with only sports news, and the only objective to make money, not to provide a quality newspaper.  Actually that is fine, but it is a shame and I don’t plan on supporting such an organization.  

Perhaps it is that “printed” newspapers are just no longer feasible, except that physical newspapers who provide quality news are doing fine  

The other national newspaper is expensive and I strongly disagree with their political and economic views and I have decided I don’t want to support an organization that bootlicks the lying coward incompetent lunatic.  It is starting to show in their news articles.  

Reading a book about a news reporter who got a job as a guard at a private prison.  Truly sickening how they rip off tax $ and don’t provide even the minimum of security or “rehabilitation” and are a bad joke that is costing taxpayers billions fueled by “donations” to politicians. 

What is really disgusting is the owners of the private prisons then use these tax $ to lobby and “donate” to politicians for laws for longer prison sentences  and more “private” prisons so they can really rip off the tax $ with their low quality service.  

Starting to try to use an electric razor to shave.  It has been years  since I last tried to use an electric razor.  I do have to admit electric razors  have improved a lot and I like the concept of using an electric razor. 

The one I have uses a new concept of cleaning I haven’t seen before, so I contacted the company about it. 

If it doesn’t work, at least I tried.  

Watching “Orange is the New Black” on my lunch breaks and Starbucks visits. While it is mildly entertaining, it is not even close to the quality of “Bosch”, “Downton Abbey” and “The Wire”,  I may or may not continue to watch it.

Hopefully it will clear this afternoon and the snow and ice will melt before the weekend!


That’s it for now, Friday, January 4, 2018

#resist

No comments: