Wednesday, April 19, 2017

2017 Spring April 19 Wednesday



66 degrees this morning, Walk 35:37 minutes.

Walk was coolish, pace was 17 seconds slower than goal.

Somehow, wrote this post today and lost it.  Really don’t know how that happened, but I decided to somewhat recreate it, but this will be much shorter than usual, since my time is limited and I am rather disgusted that Apple hasn’t some type of action to prevent it.  

Apparently they have some controls or it would happen more often, but it shouldn’t happen at all.  

April 19, it has been 22 years since the Oklahoma City explosion/bombing.  Time really goes fast. 

Part of my previous post was my thoughts on the book “Algorithms in Daily Life” or something like that.  

The book mentioned the extensive testing companies go into getting persons to “click the buy button”, trying  to trick consumers into “clicking the buy button” based on colors, wording etc.  

I mentioned that they may be better providing a better product than trying to be cutesy and trick consumers into buying.  All of the “recommendations” and  other e-mails etc. could be put to better use.

I think the fact that Apple doesn’t haves some controls over what happened to me this morning is a prime example of the failure of modern businesses to consider the consumer needs instead of trying to trick them into buying.

I also mentioned about the monopolistic airlines who have turned into bullies.  One thing I learned was to check on airfares anonymously, or when you go back, the fare will increase  Try it sometime, it isn’t always true but it happens enough it is obvious that is the game they are playing.

Also another interesting story the book mentioned was the founder of Amazon said when he had to make the decision, he thought about if, when he was 80 years old, he would look back and regret the decision not to quit his job and start the company.  Of course, in that perspective, he knew he would regret not trying, even if he failed!

Thinking about it, I realized I had used “will I regret not trying” theory lots of times in my life!

Since morning is “hypertime” for me (it seems to go at least twice as fast!), I will need to close this post.  

I guess you could say I will regret having lost what I wrote before, but I will learn from it!  If I find it, I will post it!


That’s it for now, Wednesday, April 19, 2017. 

No comments: