Sunday, April 28, 2013

Newspaper

Recently, I was asked to write what I did each day in six words.  I assume I was supposed to write some pearls of wisdom on may job.  However what I wrote was:

Exercise, Newspaper, Coffee, Listen, Resolve Conflicts

That actually does describe my day.  My morning exercise routine is extremely important to me.  Almost as important is my daily newspapers (I actually get two Monday through Thursday, three on Friday and Saturday and two Sunday newspapers, not counting subscriptions).  Coffee is also a big part of my early day.

Listening is probably one of the biggest parts of my job and is the essential part of it.  Really listening, not just hearing.

As some know, my routine was disrupted when my newspapers started arriving at 5:00 a.m. or so instead of 3:30 a.m. or so.

I normally get up about 3:00 a.m. or so (no clock, I just wake up).  I walk several miles and then bike to the gym where I ready my daily newspapers while I ride the stationary bike.

The late delivery of my newspapers severely disrupted by schedule since I need about an hour to answer e-mails and prepare my day before I go to work, plus I absolutely have to have my 27 minute nap before I go to work!  Not getting the newspapers by 3:30 a.m. means I had to go to the gym and THEN read the newspapers after I got back from the gym, which didn't leave me time for the hour to prepare for my day at work.

Due to a wonderful person at the Commerical Appeal and my news carrier, he changed his delivery times and I now get my newspaper at 3:30 a.m  again.  It is hard to believe a small thing means so much, but I feel so much better now!

No comments: