Wednesday, August 08, 2012

65!


My 65th birthday has come and gone, and I am now "65".  Actually had a nice birthday, really don't feel older.  Actually I have been so busy with a variety of projects I haven't had time to post.
I think the worst thing about getting older is you really realize the limitations of time, how little time you have to explore new worlds and really learn how to do something.  There are a number of computer programs I'd love to learn, many books sitting on my desk (well, really, the floor) I'd love to read, magazines that I toss without reading because the next issue is here etc.  
While I'm not even close to thinking about retiring, I like the idea that in a few years I may have the time to investigate and learn more.  Of course, I wonder if I will care when I have what some people have told me is "every day is a Saturday"!  Somehow, I have have a feeling I will be just as pushed for time when I retire as new projects arise to fill the time.  I have always assume that what makes time so valuable is how little there is of it, but from what I have seen if you have a variety of interests you can never get bored.  

No comments: