Sunday, February 07, 2010

Trudging through Winter

Sometimes I wonder what processes are involved in going from living in our house "over 4 years" to "almost 4 1/2 years" to "almost 5 years" (same with length on the job, or when the "new car" suddenly becomes an "old car". Or for that matter, when Winter becomes "almost Spring"!

The cold weather continues and it is that time of the Winter when I wished I had made arrangements to go someplace warm (or rather hot) just for a weekend or something to get out of the cold weather. (Although I have to admit the Winter in Lakeland isn't all that bad. All I need is to visit family in Oklahoma City and feel the wind and I don't feel I have it so bad in Lakeland!).

This is one of the first Winters where my bicycle riding has been disrupted a lot. Normally, I am able to continue riding even in the cold, but the snow and rain has interrupted my riding more than usual. I have been able to continue walking for the most part without any problem. I used to listen to music during my walks, I have also started listening to books and podcasts while I walk.

The birds have been eating up a storm the past month, especially a day or so before the snow arrives. I had to bring them in while I was in Oklahoma City (to avoid the Possum or Raccoon that tries to eat the bird feed at night), so I'll see if they come back. I feel bad about making them dependent on me feeding them and then not be here for several days to feed them! They even gather around in the morning waiting for me to bring out the feeder!


No comments: