Sunday, February 28, 2010

The First Crocus

This is the time of year I start watching for the first "Crocus" (actually any bright yellow flower that indicates Spring it near, I just call it a "Crocus").

At least it means Spring is not far behind, although sometimes it seems to take forever for Spring to come.

When I think of the "Crocus" (which probably is a Lily here), I think of my house where half of the backyard was Day Lilies. They were beautiful with a wide variety of colors. I always wish I'd taken some of each variety with me.

This has been the worst winter since we moved to Lakeland. It snowed more times, and even worse, the continual cold that was "below normal" temperatures. Overall, the winter hasn't been that bad, at least even when it is cold I don't have to contend with the wind very often!

For some reason, the birds are mobbing the bird feeder. Maybe they are feeling the weather in other places or the earthquake! Or maybe they are just hungry and just found the bird feeder!






No comments: