Saturday, January 05, 2008

2008

2008 is here-Let the year begin!

We had a nice Christmas in Oklahoma City. We visited on Christmas and also had a 90th Birthday for Aliene's mother. It was fun, but it is good to be back.

I like to reflect on New Year Eve and day on the coming year and the past year, although I don't dwell on teh past much.

One of my favorite quotes is "Don't look back, it detracts from the present". (The actual quote is from a movie, "I never look back, darling, it distracts from the now".) I also like the quote from Dale Carnegie "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain-and most fools do". Anyway, so I don't spend a lot of itme on reviewing the past, unless I can learn from it or correct it, so I don't spend a lot of time on the "year in review" etc.

I am looking forward to 2008 and the events to come. I have already planned to attend the Courter Reunion in Topeka in July and am looking forward to it.

Hope you all had a good Holiday season and 2008 is starting out well!

No comments: