Friday, November 09, 2007

A Tennessee Fall 2007

Daylight savings time has ended. I always enjoy the “extra hour” on Sunday after “falling back”, while dreading the impact of having darkness by 4:30 p.m.! However, I also can look forward to another Spring!

I recently had “skin cancer” surgery in three areas. I didn’t realize it was so extensive. What surprised me is the number of people who advised me they had had skin cancers removed. The Doctor advised me that this probably was a result of sun damage years ago, but I also should use sunblock on a daily basis. I still have the stitches in, but expect to have them removed next week. (I can’t wait!!!)

I haven’t exercised (walk or bike) since the surgery last Monday since I didn’t want to take a chance on pulling the stitches etc. I can feel not doing it! In addition, I hope I don’t gain back a bunch of weight! I like the extra time, but miss the exercise.

We enjoyed the trip to Kansas for Tonya’s wedding and especially seeing everyone. It was not a bad drive, since it was interstate all the way and there were plenty of rest-stops!

We also were in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania about a month ago. Somehow, Pittsburgh was a lot different (in a pleasant way) than I expected. The people were very friendly and it is a beautiful area. The weather even cooperated and we felt (weather wise) like we were home in Lakeland!

Overall we enjoyed our visit and learned a lot.

The Realtor who handled our house sales gave us a bird-feeder. After we finally got it up, we were amazed and pleased by the variety of birds that came to our back yard. However, we didn’t like the mess created by the birds dropping the outside of the bird seed and resulting squirrels etc. We purchased “no mess” bird seed, but found the birds apparently don’t eat it! We haven’t even seen any birds since we put it out, so we will need to go back to “messy” bird seed so our birds will visit us again!

After some urging by Aliene, I read the “Kite Runner” in almost one sit-down reading and was impressed by the book. I am looking forward to reading his second book.

No comments: