Thursday, March 08, 2007

“I THINK I HAVE SOMETHING YOU ARE LOOKING FOR” (LEE WRIGHT)


Few events strike dread like suddenly realizing you lost your wallet (or purse etc.) with you drivers license, credit cards and money. The feeling of panic and helplessness is overwhelming.


I recently lost my wallet and after, several hours I called my house and had a message “I think I have something you are looking for” from a Lee Wright. (I’m not even sure if I have the name spelled right.)

I am pleased to say that Mr. Wright not only sent my wallet to me by FedEx, but he did not take a single dollar for the expense or his time or as a reward. (I urged him to keep the money for his time and expense.) I called and asked what I could do and of course, he just said he was pleased to help.

I don’t know anything about Mr. Wright (his name fits!) except he is from the Atlanta, Georgia. I decided I will make sure I will pass on his good deed (somehow, the term “good deed” seems inadequate) any time I have a chance. Somehow I think he would like that!

On reflecting on this, I observe a lot of similar “acts of kindness”, although if you have ever lost your wallet or purse, you will know what I mean by the feeling of relief you get when you get everything back intact!

No comments: