Thursday, March 29, 2007

April is almost here!

I am really enjoyed Tennessee this time of year! Like magic, suddenly the trees become green and flowers burst into color! Wonderful! I am looking forward to the next 6 months!

Life continues, and I am always amazed at how fast it goes! I am going into my "hour" session with the bicycle where I try to ride at least an hour when I ride, especially on weekends. I hope to slowly start increasing my speed.

My goal is to do 60 miles on August 6 when I turn 60! (If not exactly August 6, than a day close to that.) At my present speed, it would take me at least 6 hours to do 60 miles and, including breaks etc., I am probably looking at 8-10 hours to do sixty miles. Oh well, I can dream! Maybe I will do 20 miles a day and just call it one long day!

I really do enjoy biking, but time is also a factor. Currently, on many days I walk for about 40 minutes, do weights (another 40), and then bike (60+), so I invest a lot of time in exercise! I have lost about 35 pounds, but have reached a plateau and need to reduce my eating so I can lost weight. I want to lose another 20 pounds or so before I plateau again and then I will decide if I want to have the pain and suffering (and not eating peanut butter and strawberry ice cream!) necessary to lost the next 20 pounds I really need to lose.

We try to make a point to keep in touch with our families in OKC and visit personally about every six weeks or two months. Sometimes it is hard to get away from work (it normally takes about two days of vacation plus the weekend), but we feel the personal visit is good and necessary.

Happy Birthday to Barbara (March 24) and Eleanor (March 31).

No comments: