Friday, July 01, 2005

Routine

We have lived in the apartment a month now. Not bad overall, we do miss our garage! I didn't realize how much I used the garage until I didn't have one. (Kind of like water, I guess.)

I'm trying to get back into bicycling again after a period of not bicycling due to bicycle problems. Apparenlty the problem was the rim, which I thought from the beginning.

We are now starting the process of buying our house. We have selected the plans and the lot. Now we need to finalize the house "options" and the financing and hopefully we will be moving into our new house within five months!

Memphis had a real haze/smog cover last weekend and the first several weekdays. I had to take Aliene to the Little Rock airport and the haze lasted all the way and really got bad in Little Rock. Reminded me of the movie "Soylent Green", which I saw in 1974.

Aliene was flying to Oklahoma City to take care of her house. It is just too expensive to fly from the Memphis Airport on short notice. Little Rock has Southwest Air (need I say more?). Northwest is great (usually it is non-stop) if you have time to buy your ticket well in advance.

We do have our tickets to Boulder for the Courter Reunion, and we also have reserved a Mustang convertible, so we are plan on enjoying a real vacation! We are stopping to see Aliene's brother in Colorado Springs before the Reunion. We will be at the Reunion hotel on Friday night.

No comments: