Saturday, June 11, 2005

Life resumes, goodby old house

I mowed the yard at the old house today, perhaps for the last time. The buyer looks like she will qualify for loan and the "closing" of the sale may be moved up from June 28.

The apartment hasn't been bad at all thus far. Some things are more convenient (just call the office if something is wrong with the apartment!), some things aren't (no garage), but overall it's ok.

We still haven't selected the plans for the new house. Some of the houses we really like, but the bedrooms are really small etc. The developer keeps raising prices, so we may just decide to purchse somewhere else! Probably not, we like the concept and we have found one plan that we really like. We would like to get a third car garage (not for the garaage, but for the space for exercise equipment storage etc.), but we don't like any of the plans that include a third car garage.

I took my bike over to have the wheel replaced. I just don't trust the front wheel anymore. I wasn't riding it much because I was scared the tire would so flat. Being very mechanically uninclined (I can't even change the bike tire, much less fix a flat), it is important I not have a flat!

I've resumed walking in the morning. I have a nice route, a circle route, which helps avoid boredom.

No comments: