Sunday, April 03, 2005

"Hot Wheels" vehicles

I'll admit it. I collect "Hot Wheels" (actually I collect all types of small vehicles). I simply enjoy it and it is a rewarding, inexpensive hobby for me.

I have decided to classify the vehicles (they are much more than cars!) and, several minutes each day, I take the cars and classify them. Some of obvious. I have determined the classifications of "NASCAR", "Indy/Formula I", convertables, pickups, "classic coaches", Ferraris, vans, trucks, fire trucks, police cars etc. Some I haven't been able to classify.

I am looking to trade some cars and will appreciate any information on a "Hot Wheels" club in the West Tennessee. For that matter, I could visit an Oklahoma City club when I am in the area visiting family!

I don't know why I get satisfaction out of collection them. I've been doing it in a coordinated way since at least 1979. Usually I just pick up a couple every now and then, and if I see them at a garage sale (a rare occurance) I buy some of the better ones.

No comments: