Thursday, June 18, 2020

2020 Spring June 18 Thursday

#PurpleI_Days_and_Golden_Nights
#My_Journey_20
#Spring_of_20

75 degrees this morning  61% humidity 16 mph wind.

Yesterday another great day.  Started off coolish to sit on the patio even at 74 degrees, due to the wind.  However, it quickly heated up to 93 degrees. 

Sitting on the patio this morning, feels a little warmer than yesterday morning in spite of a stronger wind, may be the direction the wind is blowing, the humidity or whatever.   

Only two more days until the Summer of 20.  As I have mentioned before, it is a very strange year, with none of the usual markers of a Summer.   Summer starts Saturday, 6-20-20 at 5:44 p.m., which is probably about as early as Summer starts. 

I ran an internet check on what is the earliest Summer ever started, but couldn’t find the information.  I guess I wasn’t asking the right question!

Walk 24:51 minutes, 43 sends slower than my goal.  I have noticed the difference between walking in the cool of the morning when it is dark and walking in the hot sun.  The general concept is still the same, and each has it good and bad points.  I do walk a lot faster pace in the early morning. 

Finished the book “Lincoln on the Verge last night, it was a great book.  Starting a new book from the Library, if it gets boring I’ll switch to a book I own.  As I’ve mentioned before, I’m trying to go through all of the books I have and “weed” out what I’m sure I don’t want.  

Every time I read about Lincoln’s death, I react emotionally to it, even though I know how it is going to end!  I guess it is like reliving it as it is told in a different way.

I recently read of a campaign where several of the candidates were bragging about being “one issue” candidates, meaning they only were campaigning on one issue.  I am amazed that anyone would vote for someone with such a limited mind.  I would never vote for a “one issue candidate”.

I remember working for cities, I noticed how local government deteriorated when “one issue” candidates even ran for office.  The entire campaign deteriorated and it carried over to the city government itself and was very destructive to the community.

This was for a state legislature position, I hope the public will see through such pandering.  If they only care about one issue why would you want them in office representing you.  I could go on, but I won’t.  

I was just so disgusted to see someone actually bragging about being a “one issue candidate," like the solution of our problems depend on one issue. 

Virus cases are building up a lot of steam in this state and a lot of other states.  Meanwhile our clueless governor who ran on the platform that he didn’t know anything about governing and is proving it more every day is bragging about staying “open” regardless of how many new virus cases occur.  

This is the same governor who spent literally millions of dollars on a useless virus drug (while other states got it donated).apparently to suck up to a  chronic lying clown  

One reason I really support the “ranking” of votes is the way extremists can get elected.  I don’t know a lot about how it works,I’m sure there are many variations, m  but I understand you vote for more than one candidate in ‘rank of preference” and the votes are counted on a “rank order” basis. 

I have seen cases where there are a large number of candidates and a extremist incompetent wins who would never be elected if there was  primary or rank order voting.

That’s it for now, Thursday, June 18, 2020.

#Resist

No comments: