Monday, July 05, 2010

Mid-Summer

July 4 marks the middle of the Summer (more or less) and the days are definitely getting shorter as the return to winter starts.

It's actually been a great summer-hot and dry! I'm currently doing my favorite part of my day, sitting out on the back yard drinking coffee and enjoying the morning. Usually I am listening to music on my ipod, although sometimes I just enjoy the sounds of nature. There are a lot of bird and insect sounds. (Any snake sounds and I scurry inside!) When I sit out here in the evening, I don't listen to anything but the cicadas, birds etc.

(Later evening): Sitting outside tonight on my back yard, I just saw a deer feeding among the trees! Also, the birds have finally gotten used to me sitting outside and come to feed at the bird feeder as long as I don't make any sudden moves.


No comments: