Saturday, June 19, 2010

CMA Fest

Just got back from our 5th "CMA Fest" in Nashville. We really enjoyed it, in spite of Aliene having to walk around in a "boot" resulting from a sprained foot.

What makes the CMA Fest so much fun is the range of the performers and the range of activities. Performers range from beginners trying to break in, to the experienced performers who are now well past what many people consider retirement age (and still great performers).

One of my favorite places is the Exhibit Hall, where performers sign autographs, post for pictures, and businesses and performers have booths with freebies and information on products etc. I'm not really into getting autographs but I like to get pictures.

Also in the Exhibit Hall they have the "acoustic" performing area where you can listen to both beginning and well know performers. I especially like it since many of the acts have fiddlers who are excellent.

Heat continues. Most mornings when I get up it is in the mid 80's already and forecasts fare for 100 degree temperatures. Actually, I love it and I hate to think of it ending.

I will probably note on June 21, how much I hate to think of the days getting shorter and the coming winter!


No comments: