Sunday, April 04, 2010

Spring has Sprung! (I wear shorts and a t-shirt)


Although March 21, the first day of Spring was beautiful in Lakeland, the weather quickly cooled into "unSpring" like weather, although it wasn't really any worse than any year.

Yesterday, I actually wore shorts and a t-shirt and was comfortable, so I feel Spring is finally here! The trees leafed (it seems like almost overnight), the grass is starting to grow and flowers are blooming! A wonderful time of year! It is also nice to sit in our living room with the windows open and be comfortable and enjoy the outside air.

One think I really like about Spring is that it takes a lot less time to prepare for my walk and my bicycle rides! In cooler weather I put on a bunch of layers, from now through November, I can just toss some clothes on and enjoy my exercise!

I am reading Michael Lewis, "The Big Short", about the crooks at the banks, mortgage insurance companies etc. It is unbelievable how crooked they were and how the persons who were the watchdogs simply let them do it. What is worse is how gullible everyone was and how much money they literally stole. Enough said, I don't want to get started on THAT!

I did note something rather interesting while researching how to quiet some squeaky doors. WD 40 stands for "water displacement". The "40" is the successful formulation after 39 failures. WD 40 is not a lubricant. The best oil for squeaky doors is motorcycle chain oil and take the bolts out of the door one at a time to treat the bolt. I'll try it. Hopefully, bicycle chain oil will work as good as motorcycle chain oil. Never give up!




No comments: