Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

After falling yesterday (Monday), I wasn't sure if I was going to ride my bicycle again this morning or not. I thought I may let the scrapes heal enough that I could get some pads on in the event I should fall again.

Of course, when the time came, I didn't hesitate, I jumped right on and of course I didn't have any problems.

While I was riding, I thought about my experience with horses. I always liked horses when I was a child (I even rode the cows etc. as substitutes) UNTIL I actually rode a horse.

For some reason, I never quite related to horses, or horses to me. I wasn't nervous at all my first ride on a horse, but I quickly found it wasn't for me.

The last time I rode a horse was at the "Garden of the Gods" near Colorado Springs in about August of 1977 (a birthday trip). I was riding a horse and the horse turned around and GRINNED at me and then proceeded to give me the roughest possible ride, with me having every expectation the horse was going to take off running, or start bucking.

I haven't written one since, nor do I intend to!

No comments: