Saturday, November 11, 2006

Veterans Day November 11, 2006

I just realized today, 20 years ago (Veterans Day) I purchased my first “real” (IBM Compatible computer). It didn’t have a hard drive (the store told me I wouldn’t need one for awhile!), and I thought I was up to date on technology! (I had had several Commodores, a VIC 16 and a Commodore 64). I actually used it for at least 6 years when I jumped two generations of computers.

Time has really changed computers!

I’m glad the Memphis/Lakeland winters are relatively mild. I get to continue my walking and bicycling which is good for losing weight as well as my overall well being. Since we are on the eastern side of the Central Time Zone, it gets dark as early as 4:30 p.m., so I have learned to ride my bike in the dark! (I walk at 4:00 a.m. or so, so I always walk in the dark.)

We traded our Acura TL for an Acura MDX. So far we realty like the new car (an SUV), especially the fact it doesn’t have those “hot wheel” type tires. I really liked the TL, but I hated the tires. The TL was almost out of warranty (which is 50,000 miles for Acura). Ordinarily we wouldn’t worry about that. Since the TL had been in an accident, we decided to trade it. We purchased it on Halloween and I hope we got a treat and not a trick!

I’ll always remember driving the Acura TL back to Lakeland when someone was tailgating me and there was a truck right beside me. I floored the accelerator and suddenly realized I was doing 120 mph in what seemed like no time. (Fortunately, Aliene didn’t notice although I did tell her later. I will really miss the good points of that car!)

They have started phase II of our addition and it looks like it will fill up fast. We really enjoy living here.

No comments: