Monday, September 04, 2006

Water for Elephants

I don’t often write about a book, but if you have a chance to read “Water for Elephants”, do so! It is a wonderful and interesting and funny book!

Cool weather has come to Lakeland! Several weeks ago it was 85 degrees in the early morning, now it is 66 degrees!

I have been riding my “Trek” a lot more (still no name for it). Aliene has been riding the first half hour or so with me, so it has been fun. I am also walking (about 2 miles) each morning plus another 18-28 minutes on the stationary bike, and about an hour on the Trek, so I am getting more exercise! (That is not every day when I have a meeting etc.)

I don’t know if I already mentioned this, but I had my physical several weeks ago and the Doctor found I had a “low” thyroid, so she gave me some medicine to speed up my thyroid. This, in addition to my increased exercise, is helping me lose weight a little faster.

We had a nice visit with Aliene’s mother in Lakeland and then took her back to Oklahoma City last weekend.

No comments: