Monday, March 06, 2006

March musings

It has been a while since I posted on this, and I will try to be more diligent in the future! It is so nice to see Spring in the air! I noticed my first crocus (I think I spelled that right) the other day and the trees are starting to bud. I love Spring!

I am almost ashamed that Memphis, on the Oscar show, is symbolized by a group of people who for some reason embellish the low-life of any City. I don’t watch the Oscar’s, or even really care who gets one, but it is embarrassing to be from near Memphis and have that type of scummy music/words actually “win” an Oscar and somehow indicate that is what Memphis is about! ( Obviously other people have their own opinion of it.

Actually, Memphis and the area (frankly, especially Lakeland) is a wonderful area and has a lot of good sides and especially a lot of super people! I have always been intrigued by the Mississippi River and like to see it at different times. I like to look at it and imagine what it was like to actually ride a raft down the Mississippi River!

This is a busy time of year, so we are keeping busy. I still have a cough, so I haven’t gotten outside and ridden my “real” bike for several months, although I am keeping in shape by riding a stationary bike and walking the treadmill. It isn’t the same as riding outside. I am doing much better and expect to be able to ride outside again soon (just in time for Spring!

No comments: